99 plymonth neon 2.0 l dohc

well let me try this again i have a 99 plymonth neon. I have this problem when the engine warms up after i come to a complete stop and accelerate again the car does not want to move it seems like it wants to stall it makes this popping sound i may not be explaining it correct but this is my problem.

Reply to
burdie

Possibly secondary misfire, plug or plug wire failure, normally turns the check engine lamp on and blinks while driving if it occurs, But some times it wont show up

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thank you for offering this advice, i changed out the spark plugs about 6-

8 months ago but i replaced the wires about a month ago. im i hawaii and since i have been using the gasoline here this problem has occured also could the timing belt cause this . what should i do !!! thanks
Reply to
burdie

Reply to
maxpower

starting a project with a 99 neon 2.0 litre dohc engine wanted to know if anyone has swapped the camshafts with those from a 2.4 litre dohc yes/no and was it worth the effort also cylinder head swap .......are they different for ex. are the valves bigger? and any other mods with a 2.4litre for a neon? like complete engine swap? thanks

Reply to
bouches