Antifreeze odor

My wife?s 2001 Dodge Durango gives off an antifreeze oder when the heat or air is turned on. The engine looks dry, and the antifreeze level looks good. Can anyone tell me why it smells like this? Thanks.

Reply to
BigJohn

The first place to look on that engine is at the base of the thermostat housing, see if it is wet from a seepage, that gasket fails and will cause the smell to come inside thru the air intake at the cowl, if you have a leak you want it to be there because the next place to look would be the heater core possibly leaking.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

maxpower

Reply to
¨°º©o.,XT,.o©º°¨