Dodge Intrepid 1998 starting problem

Every few weeks my 1998 Intrepid (65,000 miles) has a problem starting after it is warmed up. It cranks fine but won't start unless it is left alone for
maybe 20 to 30 minutes. It only seems to happen when the car is thoroughly warmed up but not overheated. It will always start on the hottest, coldest or wettest days if it hasn't been used for several hours. Once started it runs fine at low or high speeds with no symptoms and the problem might not recur for several weeks. My mechanic didn't find any error codes and could not duplicate the problem. It happened again yesterday after several errands and once again started after 20 minutes of leaving it alone.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Paul
possible fuel injector leaking down when it sits hot or a fuel pump that is alowing the fuel to drain back to the tank and causing a long crank
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Thanks for the suggestions. I was thinking it might be a fuel related issue. When the car cools and does start it starts immediately, no long cranking. Maybe this is a symptom of vapor lock in the fuel line. I'm going to replace the fuel line filter and the cooling system thermostat in case the car is running a little hot. Cheap enough and then go from there if the problem persists.

Your wasting your money, these vehicles don't vapor lock due to high fuel pressures, Try this,before you start the vehicle on a high soak...without starting the engine turn the key on for 3 sec then off then on for 3 seconds then off then one more time. if the engine starts every time u do this without a problem you are experiencing a fuel drain back to the tank or you have an injector leaking fuel down at the rail.
Glenn