Infinity stereo tape deck

My '94 Dodge has an infinity AM FM stereo with the equalizer and tape player. Lately when I start it up on cold mornings the unit runs like it has a
tape in it and (although it doesn't) and so of course the radio won't play. I can hit the eject, directional switch, nothing makes it work right until it finally (so far) comes out of it on its own. Anyone else have a similar experience? Did the whole thing crap out eventually or were you able to do something about it?
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:13:43 -0600, James Goforth wrote:

Hmmmmm...the one in my van did this, but only when there actually was a tape in it.
Doesn't seem anybody really knows much about this system, including the local Dodge dealers here.
So, I took a chance. For $6.99 at Wal*Mart, you can get a Scosche harness that will adapt an aftermarket radio to your Chrysler wiring harness. I have been running a JVC CD player in an LHS for about a year, and just installed a Sony in my Voyager. They sound great!
If you do this, make sure to use the grounding strap!!! If you don't, the amp won't turn on fully and it will sound terrible. Also, on the Van, there was another black ground wire that turned on the 'subs' in the front doors. If this wire is not grounded as well, the front door speakers won't turn on.
I also replaed the speakers in the van with an aftermarket Infinity model in the rear, and MB Quarts in the dash. This thing sounds fantastic!!!