Wanted original stock infinity stereo

Hi everyone, I just bought a 94 GT3000 and someone had replaced the original infinity car stereo AM/FM/cassette with a cheap sony single CD. I
would like to find a used original to put back into it. Oh yes they also took the Mitsibishi/pioneer 6 changer CD. They left the wiring intack and the AMP. Thanks
the o.e.m. infinity stereo is gack. you'd be best served by some decent (not necessarily expensive) aftermarket gear. there is a good reason to replace that infinity stuff.

Ok, please tell what I can replace it with that will also work with the steering wheel buttons, the amplifier and the 6 CD player in the back.
Do you really use that feature? I had it. I used it a few times and found it wasn't worth it. It was easier to use my right index finger since it was on the shift knob anyway. Much safer and closer. It was just a gimmick.
--
Todd Honea
"GT3000girl" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Besides that, you don't need a changer these days. Just get a player that supports MP3 format. You can get about a dozen full albums on one disk. Way nicer than a clunky changer in the trunk. One of those cd wallets that mounts to the sun visor can hold your entire music collection.

Thanks everyone. Now that I did find 2 stereo's, type 2 and a type 3, I need to find the code for them, where can I find the code or do I need to take it to a dealer! Thanks

I had to call the dealership and gave then the seiral number on the stereo and they gave the code to me over the phone
~M
--WebTV-Mail-9941-17427 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
You can do the steps below:
1. click on the site below, scroll down and enter the info and items you need or call them: http://www.msrecycling.com/parts_inq/mitsubishi_3000gt.htm
If you will eventually sell the car you can put the stock stereo system back.
OR 2. Click on the site below, scroll down and enter you info, then call the tech rep and e would guide along with the 3000GT stereo using the factory equipment ( steering wheel buttons) It might be expensive to interface the existing stereo controls with a new head unit: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-zdb4ejrhdO2/cgi-bin/ProdMenu.asp?s=0&cc &c&vst=Y
Good luck
--WebTV-Mail-9941-17427 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-9941-17427--