oxygen sensor testing

I have a 97 Neon, get a error code 21 (O2 sensor) There are two of these in most cars now adays, Should I replace one or both? There are lots of
information on testing O2 sensor. Should both of them give the same type of readings ( i wouldn't think so). Does anyone have the values that I should be getting?
Thanks for any help, David