possible transmission problem

I hsve had 3 transmissions put in my 1993 dodge caravan with a 3.3l engine. All 3 have had the same problem. Going a 65 miles per hour after about 3
hours driving, the transmission drops from overdrive to 3rd gear. Sometimes I can get it to go back into overdrive by leting off the gas pedal. This does not always occur on every trip. Anyone have a idea way this happens occasionaly.

What is your engine operating temperature? If it happens on the highway in cold weather you could possibly be overcooling?
I had a '92 Caravan for several years that had the same problem intermittently, I forget the details now but there was some sort of sensor causing the problem.
Can't remember which one, but maybe this will get you going in the right direction anyway. (faded memory - the O2 sensor? throttle body sensor? not sure)
Good luck! Mike
wrote:

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin