1998 DodgeRam Quad Cab 4x4

Hi, all. I just purchased a 1998 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4, with the 5.9 v8, 1500 heck of a nice truck,wont go back to anything else. Is there anything I should be aware of,major problems, except maybe the
transmission? The truck looks like new, low miles, Thanks in advance for any information. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net Elden.
Keep an eye on that rear axle. They are a weak point.with this truck as many of them have sub-standard bearings. These trucks also tend to eat up front brake pads at a rapid rate as well so keep an eye on them. Otherwise, you should find it to be a great truck. Good luck with it.

"e lowejr" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
TBone Thanks for the info! how and when would I know the rear axle needs repaired? Noise? wont move? Thanks again. snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net Elden
Oh, you will know. It will start to howl when this happens at speeds over 30 MPH. The real problem with this truck is its ability to keep noise out. If you have a sliding rear window, open it up and go for a drive. If the bearings are going bad, you will hear it then. How many miles on the truck? If you are over 80,000, you are probably ok as the bearings are good in your rear or it was already repaired. Most of the cases I have heard of happen between 40 and 60 thousand miles. Again, the mileage sucks but they are great trucks, good luck with yours.
"e lowejr" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
TBone -Thanks again for the info! snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net Elden