2003 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 - LSD?

I just bought a used 2003 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 yesterday (4.7L). Great truck! I haven't gotten a jack under it yesterday to spin a rear wheel to check, so I'm going to ask here....

Does anyone know if there's a way to determine if this has a factory LSD in it? I think it was an option but I don't have any of the original paperwork to see. I was wondering if an axle code or VIN might be able to tell me somehow?

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
John

The VIN will tell you if the truck was originally equipped but not if somebody added it on after it was built. You can take the number in to your local dealer or if you post the last eight digits of the vin, I can tell you here. There is also a sticker on the inside of the glove box that will tell you if you have that option also.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Thanks, Denny - I didn't see anything in the glove box - if you don't mind, here's the VIN (last 8 digits)

3S214949

I appreciate it!

Reply to
John

John, You have 3.92 ratio with limited slip differential. Sorry it took me so long to get back with you.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Denny - thanks! When I change the diff fluid do I just use an additive like Equa-Torque? I had a Tacoma in the past with an Eaton clutch-type LSD and that was what was recommended.

Reply to
John