2000 Ram CTD Starter update - it's not the starter

I finally changed out the starter today.
Turned the key and nothing. No clicks or sounds except the test chime when the vehicle is first started.
I get no engine light either.
What else could this be?
Thanks
GB

You might want to find out how much juice is reaching your starter.

I will do that, but to let you know I had been starting it via jumping the terminals and the engine started fine.

So you jumped it at the solonoid? Why did you change the starter? Can't you just remove the solonoid?

They are one unit. Anyway it was the starter and an electrical problem. I learned about a TSB that causes a fuse to be over loaded for the starter. It was also bad. I changed both and now they both work.
Thanks

started.
Is it now exactly the same as it was with the original starter?
Al

It was till the older starter would no longer turn over. I turned out to be also a fuse.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2000/Sa_00-01.htm http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2000/08-01-00.htm