2002 quad 1500 ram

hi, i have 2002 quad 1500 ram and i think the trasmission start to tell me something, well everytime i start the engine and go .. the first gear sound and feall like skip before goes foward ??? is this
reallyu bad. would this cost a lot to fix it ??? i don't get is not really old the truck and allready problem with trasmission ??? :(( i start to think to not get any dodge anymore.
macarty wrote:

Depends on whether the transmission was taken care of. My 2001 Ram 1500 has 70,000 on it. I change the fluid every 15K and no problems so far. When was the last time the fluid was changed?
let said that i don't remeber when i chage it the oil to the trasmission ??? almost at 60k miles .

I had the same truck. No problems with the tranny, but I did my fluid changes every 20k - 25k. If you can't remember the last time you did ... well neighbor, that's probably too long.
Craig C.
i don't remeber when i change it the oil to the trasmission but the oil to the engine last time was 3months ago. and i almost at 60k miles . i like toi said that i had some problem because i didn't change the oil to the engine ,filter dirty fuel pump ecc ecc. and now this ??? you think that could be the reason :(( ??

macarty wrote:

Yep. Change it and have the pan dropped and filter changed. Probably dirty oil and a clogged filter. Hopefully no damage.
macarty wrote:

Does the truck have an automatic or manual transmission?
is an automatic trasmission. i don't hear any mechanical noise only the engine now sound i little loud when shift from one then after that no more noise and when i slow down the gear go back to first gear fell like slips before a conplete stop and when move again. ??? On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 06:35:22 GMT, "Nosey"

macarty wrote:

Did you check fluid level?
--

www.thesnoman.com