2002 quad 1500 ram

hi, i have 2002 quad 1500 ram and i think the trasmission start to tell me something, well everytime i start the engine and go .. the first gear sound and feall like skip before goes foward ??? is this reallyu bad. would this cost a lot to fix it ??? i don't get is not really old the truck and allready problem with trasmission ??? :(( i start to think to not get any dodge anymore.

Reply to
macarty

Depends on whether the transmission was taken care of. My 2001 Ram 1500 has 70,000 on it. I change the fluid every 15K and no problems so far. When was the last time the fluid was changed?

Reply to
miles

let said that i don't remeber when i chage it the oil to the trasmission ??? almost at 60k miles .

Reply to
macarty

i don't remeber when i change it the oil to the trasmission but the oil to the engine last time was 3months ago. and i almost at 60k miles . i like toi said that i had some problem because i didn't change the oil to the engine ,filter dirty fuel pump ecc ecc. and now this ??? you think that could be the reason :(( ??

Reply to
macarty

I had the same truck. No problems with the tranny, but I did my fluid changes every 20k - 25k. If you can't remember the last time you did ... well neighbor, that's probably too long.

Craig C.

Reply to
craig

Yep. Change it and have the pan dropped and filter changed. Probably dirty oil and a clogged filter. Hopefully no damage.

Reply to
miles

Does the truck have an automatic or manual transmission?

Reply to
Nosey

Reply to
macarty