2005 Ram Seat Belt Alarm

Does anyone know how to disable that blasted seat belt alarm that keeps chiming if you take the driver's belt off? It is driving me nuts when I just have to go out my driveway to stop at the mailbox.
Thanks
2005 Ram 1500

1. Open glove box 2. Retrieve owner's manual (it's OK - it won't bite) 3. Remove cellophane wrapper (please don't litter) 4. Read said manual.
Are you SURE on item #2 Tom?
I was fumbling around in the box one night when it was dark and something scratched the heck out of my hand.... Now I'm not saying that it WAS the owners manual, but I'm also not rulling it out!
David...

Mike

Sucks gettin' old, eh? :)
Thanks, all you wise guys! Yes, I have read the %^&%^*&)(*& manual and have tried the procedure therein several times and it DOES NOT work!!! I even went into the dealer's service department and the service guy couldn't figure it out. Any more bright ideas?????

Yea, wear the seat belt.

"Jeff Albert" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
Jeff,
It does take several attempts to get the seatbelt "de-activation" enabled. I don't recall the procedure, but it's like start the engine, turn it off, and within 10 seconds click - unclick the belt? Something like that? It took me several days and many attempts to set it so I KNOW it does work.
Doesn't say much about the tech does it? <g>
I talked to a local tech about the same issue here several months ago, and he confirms that it's difficult to get it done on the first several attempts.

Jeff Albert wrote:

fasten the seatbelt bfore you hop in the seat, should work!