2007 Dakota Laramie - Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror?

I just took delivery of my new, ordered-from-the-factory 2007 Dakota Laramie. I'm pleased with just about everything except the rearview mirror. Everything I read about the Dakota said the Laramie came with an auto-dimming rearview mirror, but mine came with a "cheap" day/night mirror. I asked the salesman about it and he's telling me the factory does not install auto-dimming mirrors on Dakotas any more. I'm curious whether that much literature is wrong or if there's a misunderstanding between a few people.

Does anybody have a 2007 Dakota with a factory-installed auto-dimming mirror?

Thanks.

Reply to
John T

How exactly did you order it? I would go on-line and build another one and see if the auto-dimming feature is still available. If so, I would print out the build sheet and bring it back to the dealer and have him explain how it is still available on DC's web site. If he / she still insists on it not being offered, I would insist on speaking to a factory rep to confirm it and ask why it is still on the web site. It sounds to me more like the dealer screwed up on the order and doesn't want to have to re-order the truck because IIRC, putting one of these into a truck that doesn't already have it can be very expensive and he doesn't want to pay up for that either.

Reply to
TBone

The mirror isn't a separate option. All the docs I've seen say it's part of the Laramie package and the owner's manual describes it ("if installed").

I may be SOL on this, but I'm "upgrading" from a 2000 Dakota Sport that had the auto-dimming mirror, an under-hood light (not so on the '07 Laramie), bigger washer fluid bottle, and a less "plasticy" interior than the '07 Laramie. It just seems DC is going cheap (on the little things, no less) when I'm willing to spend the money to get their top of the line package.

These are small items in the scheme of things, but I do feel a bit cheated at the moment.

Reply to
John T