3.0 Caravan oil pan removal

Hello everyone.
SORRY for cross posting - The other group looks still sleeping :)
I did some Googling to no avail.
1992 Dodge Caravan 3.0 (Mitsub. engine).
I have removed all the bolts holding the oil pan in place (after removing all the darn engine mounting brackets of course) but the darn pan won't come off. I am afraid damaging the pan sealing surface by being rough with it.
I am hoping there may be a better and more professional way to remove it.
Originally some one (probably repair shop) used reddish RTV of some kind, so now the pan is (feels like) glued to engine.
Thank you for any hint in advance.
Mike
Pull the dipstick and stick a raw potatoe on the tube. Then open the drain plug and stick an air hose in there. Hold your hand so as to "seal" around the hose. Sorta like getting the shell off a turtle by sticking an airhose up its ass.

Man you really are cruel if you ever did that to a poor turtle. Kidding away, I was able to take it off by slightly tapping at the bottom with a mallet.
Thanks any way.
Mike
writes:

that rtv was factory i do believe (correct me if im wrong) and asside from the air hose idea i have no "easy" way to suggest to you. you may try a rubber mallet to tap sharply on a lower corner tryin to work it loose but no gauruntee there either.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

any time