318 to 225 swap?

I have a 77 M-886 ambulance built on the W-200. My 318 is kind of ragged and I have access to a 225. The 225 is out of an 80 car, single barrel. So, I'm wondering about bell housings from slant 6 to the 727 as well as
torque converters. True, won't have as much power; but I don't haul much and top recommended speed for this vehicle is 55 MPH anyway. The front runs 4.10's and the rear at 4.11's and I've got a special gizmo in my transfer case that cuts the front wheels out. So wha's up wi' dat?
Montana thanks you.
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:22:15 -0700, "Steve Hartman"

Personally I'd look for another 318... I always had a fond spot in my heart for the 225 S6, but there are a lot of reasons that I'd never consider that kind of swap myself.
The bolt patterns are different and the bellhousings are cast as part of the case, but you might be able to use your 318 trans as a core for a rebuilt slant six trans.
That's a lot of weight for the 225 to haul around and I don't think you'll get better mileage. My '80 D-150 (225, NP-435, 3.55 Sure-grip) doesn't do as good on gas as my '79 D-150 (318, 727, 3.55) because I have to use more throttle to accelerate and to maintain speed.
Budd