'99 Dulley - Passenger window fell down into the door!!! HELP!

My friend took the inside panel off and pulled the window back up through the little holes and back onto it's track, but when we tried to put it down again (power windows) it crashed back down inside the door.
Does anyone know the name of the part that is broken so that it causes the window to come off the track and slam down into the bottom of the door? Lucky for me, the window did not break. And it is warm out! But the dust and noise is getting to me. What part do we need? Can we fix this ourselves? Is there a diagram out there somewhere?
Please help! Most grateful in Cave Creek, AZ
Sounds like a broken window channel or broken regulator. Either way, any competent body shop should be able to help you