A thought in diesels

Page 2 of 2

Damn.. I thought you forgot about that.......
Denny

On the 6.0, the Turbo, injectors and PCM system were the problems, which rapped Ford with $5million in warranty claims above the normal warranty budget.
http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee8dd0c
Problems were turbo disintegration, hydrolocked injectors causing cylinders to follow suit, and a PCM system with major bugs. Apparently when it worked, it worked very well, when it didn't, it was almost impossible to fix. Navistar and Ford are at odds over this engine, and Ford has restructured its warranty backing to cope with the losses.
BTW, the Ford chassis and cab aren't as great (in my opinion) as I've heard many claim. However, I'd say that about the 2003 and newer Rams as well. Glad I got one of the good ones.
--
Max

Scroll down the page to the trucks segment: http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming.html
Laszlo Almasi