Camry Purchase

I recently test drove an '05 Camry LE 4cyl AT.It was a nice ride. One thing which I found strange was that there was no alarm or engine immobilizer. I live an a large city and park on the street. How will my car be secure?

John

Reply to
John Smith

Aftermarket purchase of same type of device... and/or The Club, etc.

--

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

(908) 542-0244

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I believe the dealers install the "factory" Toyota VIP alarms as an option. I'd opt for that rather than an aftermarket job as you'll then be covered by the dealer and have a better knowledge/parts base.

I don't know if the immobilizer is factory or dealer; anyone know? I suspect it's factory, but no idea (I think it's kinda over the top if you have a good alarm...).

Reply to
Big Kahuna

Go to an automotive "sparky" and have a "Kill Switch" installed. ( Approx: 100 dollars ) Could save your Bacon. Also the club at ALL times.... I use both on my 02 Camry. I live near L.A.Cal. The # 1 place for stolen cars. Camry the # 1 stolen car in the US of A. Need I say more ??

Reply to
W.T. MC GLYNN

You might have seen it already, but watch Video # 5 - Thrown off a bridge.

Anil

Reply to
saaketham