Anyone here use the v6 tranny on the v8 94 Dakota?

I know it will work now but has anyone ever do it? and how did it drive ?.. Everyone I have spoke to says the tranny is almost the same except the
V8 tranny had one more clutch in overdrive and was a bit tougher .. Makes sense but wondered how that would affect a guy 80 or so driving it and issues people here have ran into as I was thinking of buying a Dakota now that I have seen how easy they are to work on and all the interchange info but wanna learn as much as I can to save money and hassles. Thanx to everyone on here for your time and hints/advice :)
If its driven gently, it'll probably last a while. Meanwhile, if it starts to give problems, you can find a better trans later on.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
the guy is 70-80 years old never see's over 80kms or 50mph Never off road etc. Has over 500,000k on the motor