Can ya beat the public school system???

Here's an example of beauracracy at it's best:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060310/ap_on_re_us/blind_drivers_ed

--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
Budd Cochran wrote:

http://www.reandev.com/taliban /
JAM

Now this is just scary.

no, scary is the brail letters on the drive up ATM.
--
-Chris
05 CTD

"We have now, it seems a National Bible Society, to propagate King James's Bible, through all Nations. Would it not be better, to apply these pious Subscriptions, to purify Christendom from the Corruptions of Christianity; than to propagate those Corruptions in europe Asia, Africa and America!" (John Adams)
talk about dumb ideas. it is like that add i heard on the radio. want to get physically challanged people job they really have no business doing. it is all wrong. if a person does not have all the necessary facilties to do a job safely then why push for them to be in that job.

You make an excellent point, and one I've seen in many forms from working with the handicapped. Unfortunately, Chicago's governmental stupidity is now national news.
My point was that we need to each watch out for this kind of idiocy in our own states and cities. Here in Moab, handicapped parking spaces are often 5 or more spaces away from an entrance to a store. I don't have much trouble, unless I'm having breathing problems that day, but I've seen it make handicapped cars take spaces close to the door so the occupants could access the building.
Budd
They would probably do better than some of the sited drivers around here.
beekeep

I read it and thought of tourist season out here . . . from the UK not knowing which side of the road to drive on, from CA not knowing what "rules of the road" mean to flatlanders in sheer terror if rocks jutting out over the highway . . .well, you get the idea.
--
Budd Cochran

"beekeep" < snipped-for-privacy@radix.net> wrote in message

Maybe the students should apply for their learners permit since they passed the written exam. Can you imagine the look on the DMV testers face when they showed up to take the road test? Wouldn't want a discrimination law suit would they?
beekeep
Greg, sometimes you think just a little too much like I do . . . . keep up the good work, my friend.
But the real problem would be if the DMV office accepts their application . . to avoid any resemblance of discrimination, of course.
--
Budd Cochran

"beekeep" < snipped-for-privacy@radix.net> wrote in message
well in GA you have to pass a vision test but its so easy only the blind woudn't be able to read it!
Now that would be scary except, in CO I went to renew my license and a gentleman in line ahead of me FLUNKED the vision test . . .He explained he forgot his glasses and the examiner passed him.
A couple days later, I passed that limited vision gentleman driving his old Chevy . . .with no glasses on.
--
Budd Cochran

John 3:16-17, Ephesians 2:8-9
On 3/15/06 8:58 PM, in article 4418d54c$0$14378$ snipped-for-privacy@titian.nntpserver.com, "Budd Cochran"

Maybe that gentleman had his seeing eye dog sitting beside him :))) dale
Nope, no dog, no co-driver, no brains . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

"Dale Yonz" < snipped-for-privacy@mac.com> wrote in message
but didn't you know that he had the right to drive cause he had been doing so since korea??
There is no "RIGHT" to drive. It is a privilege only.
No, imho, he was not able to understand the laws any more due to age.
--
Budd Cochran

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people.