Cruise Control on 1996 RAM

I have a 1996 diesel RAM truck. Up to now the cruise control has worked fine. Now it is not working. I am not sure where to look first and how to fix it? Anything -- comments and suggestion would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JamesBeary

Hi James,

If your '96 is like my '95 start by looking at the fuse for the Horn. On mine the horn and cruise fuse is shared.

Reply to
Jenny3kids

There were lots of problems with the vacuum lines to the servo. It's under the battery and it seems like I recall battery acid eating through the lines? Always check the easy stuff first, fuses and vacuum connections. There're vacuum lines at the cowl area that tend to get pulled apart when replacing the fuel filter as well, it's worth checking back there too.

Reply to
BigIronRam