Cruise control surges

Every time I press switch on cruise control (i.e., press Set button) the truck would accelerate 5-10mph. Is this normal? It's annoying as hell, and other vehicles I've driven don't do this. Can this behaviour be changed?

Dodge Durango 99, 5.9L

Peter

Reply to
Peter

jay smith
Reply to
Peter

the Dodge Manual for my 02 Dakota.

Thanks, Jay. I have noticed the same problem with my '98 Diesel RAM. I'll have to try the Dakota solution.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Surratt