Cummins idle time

Page 2 of 2

Missed that. Enlighten me, please.
Craig C.

On my 05 they added a flash that allowed me to start the truck, hit cruise and use the up down buttons to advance the idle. I think it went up to 1,200RPM(maybe higher, I forget). As I'm sure you know on cold day's letting it idle, it warms up then cools itself right off. With the higher idle it maintains operating temp.
Roy

Sorry if I'm being thick here: By "they", you mean the dealership? If so, I will call and see if this is an option for my 2004. Was it free? (you can always depend on a college student to ask that question).
:-) Craig C.

The dealership, there was no charge. Check a list of tsb's and see if the 04 is included.
Roy

it should be. my 03 was included but i chose not to do it. i did get the flash though that ramps the idle up to 1200 rpm if you leave it idling for a bit without touching the brake or the gas feed.
I think I recall seeing on the Cummins website that you shouldn't idle for any longer than 15 minutes. Wish I could find it again but for some reason it is sticking in my head.
Laszlo Almasi
My bad...this is where I saw it: http://dodgeram.org/tech/dsl/maint/3rd_Gen-24v.htm
Laszlo Almasi

Check on any recent recalls...