02 Dakota Quad CAb w/ 4.7 & 45RFE

Can anyone tell me how long the 4.7 motor and 45RFE transmission should last?

I can the motor oil every 3,000 miles and the trans fluid every

30,000 miles with ATF +4 from Chrysler.

I have 88,000 mile on it, and it is running great. Put I am wondering if it is getting close to the time to trade it in.

Thanks for any information on this subject.

Reply to
Ed & Sherri

A shift kit and a cooler would make the transmission last longer. I did that to a Grand Cherokee and it was working fine at 130k miles when I sold it.

-rev

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light