Enigma of the 98 Ram 1500 Sport

Well I just got 'er back with a new wiring harness, that will hopefully stop all the bizarre electrical problems...
Now for some more fun :
(Btw : 1998 Ram 1500 Sport, 77K mileage on the 5.9 v8)
1. On cold starts, before it warms up...whenever I apply a lil gas I hear this really strange gurgling or faint crackling type sound coming from behind the dash (middle of it). The sound goes away once the engine's warmed up. what's the deal ?
2. The oil pressure gauge. "40" in the middle. "110" at the max. I know this is a stupid question, but what units are these nubmers in ? PSI ? My truck starts at about 70 and maybe creeps down to 60 once it's warmed up. That seems a lil' high, right ?
More questions to come, Im sure. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sounds like air in the cooling system....kinda normal.
Laszlo Almasi

possibly air in the cooling system. if no other issue i think id leave it be and wait till its more pronounced atleast before spending any time or money investigating it.

no not high at all. and yes the numbers are in PSI (Pounds per Square Inch) that sounds like normal oil pressures for a healthy engine to me

ask away
--
-Chris