gear ratio after tire swap

my '01 cummins powered 2500 is currently running 32" tires on the original 3.54 gear ratio. even with the mods i find the performance to be a bit lackluster due to the gear ratio.
im preparing to upgrade to 35" tires, and am trying to decide between 3.73 and 4.10 gears. i already have set of 4.10 gears that i bought for another truck that i dont own anymore (the truck in my last thread about the 3500 giving me fits, i unloaded it this past weekend). i could use these gears in my 2500, or i could swap them out for 3.73.
what say you?
thanks,
Nathan In Montana

Personally, I don't think there's enough difference between 3.54 and 3.73... I'd go with the 4.10 if you want a noticeable difference. Only question is what will it to to mileage and top end speed?
--
I'm never going to grow up.

On 03/05/2012 12:40 PM, PeterD wrote:

Particularly when larger diameter tires are also going on. He'll be right back to where he's at now.
There's a tire size/speedo error calculator at http://www.paspeedo.com/calculator.htm which gives some idea what a couple inches difference diameter will do.
many thanks for the feedback; im going with the 4.10s i already have. i bought the rings, pinions, and master bearing sets from randys ring and pinion for roughly $1200 delivered. i bought it for an '01 3500 dually. unless theres some reason why it they wont work in an '01 2500, im going to install them.
http://media.concealedcarryforum.com/smokedog.wmv is the truck in question.