02 Tacoma tire sizes/gear ratio Question

MY 02 Tacoma Prerunner X cab. V6 Auto, came with 265/70/16 tires. I have seen the same size on other Tacomas The door sticker lists wt. ratings for 15" tires. I have seen posts about people with Tacomas that have 15" tires. Question: Do the Tacomas with 15" tires, that have a smaller dia, have the same rear end ratio, that the Tacomas with 16" tires? If you switched from 16's to 15's it would be the same as having a lower rear end ratio, thus giving slightlly better performance. Just wondering how it would effect gas mileage. One would think it would lower it, as the engine would be running at a higher RPM. Has anyone done the swap, and have any info about mileage changes?

45K on the truck without any trouble. Oil change tip: I installed a Fram drain fitting, that has a check valve, removible hose, and cap. To change oil, remove cap, screw on fitting with drain hose. Put hose in jug to hold oil. (I use 2-1Gal milk jugs) Just screw in fitting a few turns, and the oil drains into the jug. You can actually drain all the oil without getting ANY on you. A great product. At least the filter can be removed without taking the skid plates off. Oh yeah, don't forget to raise the right front of the truck off the ground, so most of the oil can be drained from the poorly designed oil pan. I still love the truck!
Reply to
Over40pirate