Headlight restoration???

I found a buisness card under the wipers of my 95 full size van.for headlight restoration . They thought I might be a candidate for their services.
I searched the web and found that kits are available for home use also. Meguars sounds as if their product requires you to sand the front of the headlamp assembly. Anybody use anything like this or a service for this? My lights are not yellow but they are a little dull, not really opaque.
Barry
Barry Kwasny wrote:

This is a common problem with the plastic headlamps. The sun oxidizes the plastic and turns it opaque. Not a big deal really. Think of it like polishing rusted metal. First you sand away the rust, then you polish the surface. It's time consuming, but certainly not rocket science.
--
.boB
On Order: 2006 FXDI, Red.
Barry Kwasny wrote:

I've used Micro-Mesh products on stretched acrylic aircraft canopies. They work very well. You do have to sand the headlight lenses because you need to remove the damaged surface layer. These kits work well and aren't difficult to use: http://sisweb.com/micromesh/headlight_kits.htm Follow the directions and the headlights will come out clear.
--
Ken

The best stuff is aluminum polish, just becareful not to press hard and crack the plastic.
Barry Kwasny wrote:

crack
also.
this?
opaque.
Google "plastic headlight cleaner." You'll find a number of products that clean the lenses. I use regular plastic polish.
Al