headlight wipers...........

1989 300TE cant get the wipers on the headlight to work, don't have the owners manual so i have no idea where to start to look for the problem. can anyone give me info where to start looking ? thanks for any help.
Reply to
Joe A. via CarKB.com

Wan-ning Tan

Check underneath the lights to see of the connectors are still connected. I got tired of the wipers ending up in silly positions and I just disconnected them (who needs HL wipers?). Maybe the previous owner of yours did the same.

Another thing: Note that they only work if you use the windshield washers while the headlights are on.

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

Ditto... it only works when washing windshield with headlight on. It is a nice thing to have in winter when salt will reduce headlight light output dramatically.

Reply to
Tiger

Reply to
Joe A. via CarKB.com

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

If you mean the washer fluid its the same idea, no water unless the headlights are on. If it doesnt work than the line is clogged or the motor is faulty.

Reply to
macdrone