How to lift? Wood blocks?

I have an 88 dakota 2wd and I was told I could lift it up a little bit with wood blocks....How is this done?
http://community.webtv.net/AnW97/WelcomeToPeopleWho

Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me.
Ken
Amber wrote:

The ONLY way that I would use wood to lift a vehicle would ne to use boards and drive onto them....
If you mean using it to do a body lift type operation. Just buy the proper kit. It will include all the parts and pieces.
--
Steve W.

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 20:35:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Amber) wrote:

1. Sure that will work. Take a stack of 2x8 and 1x8 end (say 10" long) pieces. Get about 40 or 50 of them.
2. Stack a bunch under each axle.
3. Let the air out of the tires.
4. Stack one or more under each tire.
5. Put air back in tires.
6. Stack more under the axle.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 until the truck is as high as you wish.
(suggestion, use jack stands when lifting a vehicle this way!)
<BG> *Let the fun begin!*
Peter's Troll-o-Meter
Not Troll Troll 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 / / / / / / / O
(Pegged the needle!)