More tranny questions (Tom L.)

Hi,
I think I messed up somewhere in the band adjustment (48re). I have been noticing that at low speeds, my tranny downshifts unexectedly. By unexpectedly, I mean it didn't do that before.
For example, when I am turning left and accelerate straight when the light turns green, then let off the accelerator while making the turn then gently push it again as I am straightening out, it kicks down ... sometimes twice. I have also noticed that it shifts "hard" from first to second.
So, I either messed something up, OR this is the way it is supposed to have worked all along and my adjustment "fixed" it.
Here's what I did:
Pulled the pan, replaced the filter, adjusted the rear band ... torqued to exactly 72 in. lbs then back the adjuster off 3 full turns (I marked the screw with a sharpie so I know that when I locked down the lock nut it was precisely 3 turns). Then I adjusted the front band. Again, torqued to exactly 72 in. lbs., marked the adjuster with a sharpie at 12 o'clock, then backed the adjuster off 1 3/4 turns, then locked it down. Therefore, the sharpie mark is now at 3 o'clock. Filled with fluid, 5 1/2 quarts ATF+4.
Any glaring messups? What should I do now?
Craig C.

Okay - but band adjustment won't affect when the transmission shifts.

That could be the result of a "too-tight" front band.

Nope, all sounds correct. Check that you didn't tweek the TV cable. That's the cable that comes from the rear, and attaches to the lever that has the spring on it.

I'll check that.
Thanks for all the help.
Craig C.

Check the fluid level. After driving for a few days following transmission service I have to top mine off again. I've noticed my transmission slipping after making left turns when the fluid level is low. -- Ken

level was down near the "Min" mark. I put 1/2 quart in. I'll drive it and see if that helps.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Craig C.