Navigation systems

Page 1 of 2
I need some input from the experts here. <G> Which navigation system do you recommend?? I need help finding White Castles when I'm out of town...
Denny
On Sat, 24 May 2008 21:02:15 -0400, Denny wrote:

I use a Garmin c330, haven't had a complaint yet.
the Tom Tom units are also really nice.
--
Chris

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 760, has Bluetooth and is real portable. I had a Garmin in the past and it was real good. Shop around before you buy as there are some real decent deals to be had.Try here. www.tigergps.com
Oh, the deal about you needing help finding a WC is pure BS. Kim say's they deliver to ya! <GBMFG>
Roy
I have used Garmin for several years. From a Street Pilot III to a Nuvi 350 and now a Nuvi 660. They are more expensive than the Tom Tom, but every comparison that I have made the Garmin has always rated better as well. Steve

TomTom
I've got a Garmin Nuvi 5000. I love the large (over 5") screen, and the video input for a backup camera. It's got provisions for an external antenna, which was important to me, becasue I chose to mount it low on the dash (can't stand things hanging from the windshield by suction cups)

I think they make one just right for ya, Buggs...
Simple graphics and such... Even has GPS locating of both asshole and hole in the ground..
We use GPS programs on our notebook computer:
In the States: http://shop.delorme.com/OA_HTML/DELibeCCtdItemDetail.jsp?item (065&section122&minisite020
In Mexico: http://www.microsoft.com/streets/ProductDetails.aspx?pid 1
We bought De Lorme first and then added Streets & Trips... Only need ONE receiver, so we only bought the software for S&T..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Thanks everybody!! That'll give me something to check out. I'm trying to come up with something to get the wife for our anniversary....other than more jewelery. She didn't see the humor when I told her she was getting her own AR. Over the years, the ole girl has completly lost her sence of humor...
Denny

Ya wanna give her a present she'll really enjoy? MOVE the FUCK OUT!!!! <GBMFG> Sorry pal but you know how it is. I just had to.<VBG>
Roy

I wouldn't expect anything else from my ole blubber-butted buddy.... <BG>
Denny

Lashing out again I see.
Roy

It all depends on what you say when you give it. She could take it to mean it's really your "toy" and somehow she gets nothing. Or she could like it. You'll have to say something like how you love her so much. And when you're not next to her and supporting her, that she'll have the GPS to fall back on. Put it in your own words, but believe me, it'll be all in the delivery to her and how you say it.
Or you could have it as a present to you both. Then have a separate jewelry gift just for her. Find jewlery that isn't too expensive, but still looks nice. Marina

Subject: FW: Best Buy' s return policy... BEST BUY BLOWS ANYWAY
BEST BUY, MY FOOT
Best Buy has some bad policies....
Normally, I would not share this with others, however, since this could happen to you or your friends , I decided to share it. If you purchase something from, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, JC Penny, Sears etc. and you return the item with the receipt they will give you your money back if you paid cash, or credit your account if paid by plastic.
Well, I purchased a GPS for my car, a Tom Tom XL.S from 'Best Buy'. They have a policy that it must be returned within 14 days for a refund!
So after 4 days I returned it in the original box with all the items in the box, with paper work and cords all wrapped in the plastic. Just as I received it, including the receipt. I explained to the lady at the return desk I did not like the way it could not find store names. The lady at the refund desk said, there is a 15% restock fee, for items returned. I said no one told me that. I said how much would that be. She said it goes by the price of the item. It will be $45.00 Dollars for you. I said, all your going to do is walk over and place it back on the shelf then charge me $4500 of my money for restocking? She said that's the store policy. I said if more people were aware of it they would not buy anything here! If I bought a $2000.00 computer or TV and returned it I would be charged $300.00 dollars restock fee? She said yes, 15%.
I said OK, just give me my money minus the restock fee.
She said, since the item is over $200.00 dollars, she can't give me my money back!!!
Corporate has to and they will mail you a check in 7 to ten days.!! I said 'WHAT?!'
It's my money!! I paid in cash! I want to buy a different brand..Now I have to wait 7 to 10 days. She said well, our policy is on the back of your receipt.
I said, do you read the front or back of your receipt? She said well, the front! I said so do I, I want to talk to the Manager!.
So the manager comes over, I explained everything to him, and he said, well, sir they should of told you about the policy when you got the item. I said, No one, has ever told me about the check refund or restock fee, whenever I bought items from computers to TVs from Best Buy. The only thing they ever discussed was the worthless extended warranty program. He said Well, I can give you corporate phone number.
I called corporate. The guy said, well, I'm not supposed to do this but I can give you a 45.00 dollar gift card and you can use it at Best Buy. I told him if I bought something and returned it, you would charge me a restock fee on the item and then send me a check for the remaining 3 dollars. You can keep your gift card, I'm never shopping in Best Buy ever again, and if I would of been smart, I would of charged the whole thing on my credit card! Then I would of canceled the transaction.
I would of gotten all my money back including your stupid fees! He didn't say a word!
I informed him that I was going to e-mail my friends and give them a heads up on this stores policy, as they don't tell you about all the little caveats.
So please pass this on. It may save your friends from having a bad experience of shopping at Best Buy
It's true! read it for yourself!!
Best Buys return policy
---------------------------------------------------------------------- Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.

consider this: http://inlinediesel.com/tech/desk /
--
Nathan In Montana
http://ConcealedCarryForum.com

Now that kicks ass!!
Denny

That's pretty much what we use, Nate... Minus the CTD and fancy bracket..
We prefer the Delorme software over the Micro$oft when we're on the road, though, for the voice input/output..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Damn bro!! That's a lot of stuff. I guess if you have a lap top for it, but to me it's tooo big. The Garmin Nuvi with the bean bag mount is easy to see as you can put it just about in front of you on the dash. Also you can stick it in your pocket and use it while on foot. But if it works for ya, thats what matters.
Roy

Only 2 programs, bro.. less than $150 investment and got a lot of use before we moved..
When we were on RV trips, the computer/gps gave whoever wasn't driving something to do, but if I was alone, I'd just prop it on the passenger seat and put it in voice mode..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I hear ya. I just like the compact size.
Roy

On Tue, 27 May 2008 15:04:23 -0400, Roy wrote:

yes compactness is a big selling factor for myself too. BUT if you were going to drag along a computer and have a gps why not have the computer serve both jobs? assuming here you have room, but for me even the quad cab 3500 is too small for my wife's laptop to be serving this job full time.
I can't stand to feel crowded when driving and my wife (no slams here ladies) packs as if she's supplying an occupying army. That means chips, drinks, sandwiches, coolers (yes multiple) pillows, blankets etc has to be in the cab with her. now this doesn't even go into the list of stuff that goes in the back of the truck (at trip time i'm gonna miss that 8 foot bed the 05 had) as you probably have guessed by now I really don't have a lot of room left in the cab by the time she's done and we put the 3 boys in too. This gets worse with the durango because there's no separating the cab from cargo.
this may be a factor for you to weigh also Denny, especially if your wife packs like mine does.
--
Chris