Need replacement navigation system

My brother in law in Romania had the navigation unit from his GS400 trashed while someone was trying to steal it. The part number he gave me is available from Lexus but it costs $8000.00.

I found a used unit locally that is supposed to work with the same year and model Lexus but the part number is slightly different - different by one number. The local Lexus dealer cannot find that part number but I know it's legit because I have seen the unit. And the navigation units appear to be identical.

Does anyone know of a resource that can tell me whether or not the used unit I would prefer to buy will in fact work for my brother in laws car?

Thanks in advance.

GT

Reply to
Gordon Odell