OT Another Weekend BS Post

Page 1 of 2
Just for the hell of it and to learn about people's mindset.
Do you think GB is doing a good job as president?" Try to answer with out the usual bs.
Who am I kidding?<G>
Roy
BS section: If it weren't for OT, then you'd see "a.a.d.t.: low activity"
Response: No, and I'll try to boil it down to 3 points.
1. Of course we have the luxury of hindsight, but I don't believe in pissing off the world in spreading your political philosophy, and I don't think the goals we set out with 5 years ago (threat related) were ever met in the least.
2. I'm all for personal religious beliefs, but I do not think he makes enough separation between its role in his personal life and the day-to-day business of this country. I almost wouldn't be surprised to see one of the "Rapture" bumper stickers on the rudder of AF1.
3. A Canadian musical performer that tours in the US as well as Canada pointed out last week that 5 or 6 years ago, the American dollar was worth roughly $1.50....while today it's going for about $1.15.....is that a sign of ever-increasing globalization in commodities (hence a leveling of the playfield), or have we missed something along the way....
Jon
Roy wrote:

So well said. I agree with you and said without malice, just speaking the plain old truth...................

Yes, I do... good yes... perfect no...
Mike

good, compared to what?
Bill

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:52:38 GMT, "bill allemann"

internal policies-- not too good. his tax policies and his domestic policies have been too conservative, even for me. not a terrible job, just nothing that deserves real kudos, imo. he definately has a favor for big oil and the lack of any constraint on the oil industry is hard to watch. record profits while we pay record high prices.
as to his foreign policy, i will probably be the outcast with this opinion, but i respect what he has done. again, i don't expect this to be a real popular stance, but i appreciate that he has had the will to fight the terrorists on their own ground instead of on ours. anyone who thinks that we could have avoided this conflict with the islamic extremists doesn't have their feet firmly planted on the ground. and there is no doubt but that the goal was to bring the death and destruction to american soil, and we have been able to counter that threat so far. we have every right to protect ourselves and our country and i think that he is one of the few with the willingness to see this through. at least so far. the terrorists have learned from the vietnamese that the way to beat america is not on the battlefield, but rather in the newspapers and they are in this for the long stay.

I think he's doing the best job he can within the limits that are forced upon him and the military by prior weaker administrations and Congress that knuckled under to every Anti-American idiot out there, not overlooking the UN, of course.
And it's going back to those weaker days if conservatives don't get out and vote.
--
Budd Cochran

And who would I vote for? Would I vote for someone who rammed through Congress the greatest losses of freedoms since the country's inception? Or would I vote Democrap, and vote for higher taxes, and more gun laws that only affect the law abiding?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Good intentions gone bad. HD
I don't t hink that intending to turn USA into Nazi Germany is "good".
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

I think to keep it in perspective, you have to think of the alternative; hell, Gore may have invented the diesel engine if he made it to the presidency.
FMB (unprotected North Mexico)

Exactly. What we have is bad, just not as bad as it could be.
Ken
Troops in Iraq, but no effective border patrol. That say a lot.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Thanks to Clinton's 40% military reduction.
Ken

And the Bush response to cancell out the rights in the Constitution. When in doubt, take away freedom.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Better than his predecessor.