Another modding post

Looks like I'm really a Subaru owner now. Just blew up second gear in the wet. Time for an uprated gearset. Then I've just got the diffs to blow up. Lucky I still have the Skyline to drive around in.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Jeez life's a bitch Fraser

Reply to
fishman

Tell me about it. $3k for a 98 STI box and rear diff. But it changes my diff ratio to from 3.9 to 4.4 which to quote my mechanic "Will make it accelerate like f*ck".

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston
3 aussie K ain't to bad for box and rear diff is it? I take it that's used?

I like the thought of the altered diff ratio. Get down to the strip with it!

Reply to
fishman

Yeah. It's a '98 STI box. I had the option of a 2005 standard one for the same money but it'll probably last about 10 seconds. I wasn't even running high boost. I'll be avoiding the strip though. Things going bang gets expensive.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

look i've told you before we'll have none of that modding filth round here thank you and please mark such posts as off topic :)

Reply to
Vamp

On a related note 2nd gear exploding sounded like a grenade going off under the car.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

cool! i'd of laughed if that was my car, i tend to be a nob like that. when i spun the MK1 a year or so back now first thing i do when it came to a stop is start laughing followed by a 'f*ck' then more laughing. i then got out and took pics while i waited for my dad to come down like anyone else would :)

bet it wasn't as good as that clip of that manifold exploding under nitros hehe!

Reply to
Vamp