Need to learn about rebuilding 2.5

Due to high miles, I need to get my 4cyl out of my 93 yj rebuilt. My thoughts are to have it slightly bored over and? This is a subject I haven't learned alot about. Aprox. costs... times... places to have it done (I'm in phoenix). Info please! Nick

Reply to
Nick N

For the cost of a rebuild you might be able to get a crate I6. Food for thought

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Nick N

Tru. All valid concerns. My suggestion is to start looking through the yellow pages at engine or motor rebuild shops. Then go visit the shop and get an idea of costs. Usually what happens is you get a rebuilt engine and they take your core (old engine). Most of the time the rebuild has nothing on it and you have to transfer all the accessories over.

If you have time and a second method of trasporation it may be worthwhile to do it yourself. It will be cheaper. But you will need a good tech manual (service book, motor, chiltons) and the proper tools.

Good luck.

Reply to
DougW