OT Home A/C

Page 1 of 5
There was a thread around a bit ago that had to do with home A/C
What was the outcome? Who makes the best and most energy efficient? Trying to be of the game when this unit fails.
Roy

It was Trane or Carrier.

Thanks pal.

Actually you go by SEER rating if it is a Heat pump or efficency rating if it is only a central moreso than brand. A SEER or 14 or more is kinda state of the art for a heat pump and a rating of 12 or more on a central is good too. You want a very large condesor for size of units cooling capacity because the bigger the condensor, the more it cools R22 and the less energy it uses for cooling delivered. Horse shoe or circular shaped condensors tend to be the best here. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

12 or better? The feds require all units manufactured after January 1st, 2006 to be 13 SEER or better. SEER relates to AC units, heat pumps go by the EER , not SEER. 15 seconds on Google and you would have had correct information.
As for which one is best? The one installed correctly, period! Brand means nothing. We install Ruud/Rheem units where I work and we rarely have any problem with them. The wholesaler we buy them from asked why we have such good luck, when the other Ruud dealer in town is always changing out compressors. Only reason we could come with is we evacuate the line sets on our installs down to 400-500 microns, always! If you don't, you leave in non-condensables, and moisture that ruins to oil, and fries the compressor. Cheap junk installed properly will run longer than a Trane or Carrier, or even Ruud/Rheem that got installed improperly by some hack. Greg

Greg, take a deep breath and relax. This is yet just another perfect example as to why no one listens to a damn thing Snoball says. There are enough HVAC experts in here that will see this thread and reply, inturn making him look like the retard that he is.
As to your comments, I agree though I am not one of those said experts, that as long as it is installed properly, and properly sized for your house, you should have little to no problems with it, regardless of who makes it.

My buddy, who has his own AC/Heating company, has told me that many of the different brands have the same components inside. He's also said the same thing I've already heard here - that the installation is more important than the make of the unit.

And this is another example of why you are a troll because you do not know what a SEER is either. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Really, I am a troll? HA!! If I am a troll, WTF does that make you? I don't know what a SEER is? Please oh mister expert of all things before never, tell me where you came up with that brilliant decuction when I never once mentioned it? I admitted about three posts ago that I am not a HVAC expert, but I know many in here and out of here that are. See unlike you, I do not constantly post about things I know nothing about, HVAC systems would be a GREAT example of such.
punkin:

Sure you do:
Headlight bulbs Relays Alternators Motor oil Jumper cables etc...
You even work with things you know nothing about:
"Really! You really don't know shit than do you cock breath? News flash cock breath, when you recover from a HDD crash or failure and you are starting from fresh some thing will need to be flashed for the system to work properly again. But fuck, I'm only an IT Tech what the hell do I know." http://groups.google.co.in/group/alt.autos.dodge.trucks/msg/831c21be1f9b8562

Once again, you just can't let shit go can you cock breath? What a sorry and pitiful man you are. Shame you have to continue to live life in the past.
But lets see here, I will play your little game this one time, Motor Oil, I was not wrong about it, you could not and did not prove me wrong either. It was a simple matter of the fact that you did not argee with what I said, that does not mean I am wrong, nor does it mean you were right. It means only that you did not agree.
Jumper cables? Hmm, show me where we had a discussion about them and where I was wrong, please. There was one comment made about that subject. Again, it does not and did not make me wrong. You just wish to believe that.
Alternators. Again, I was not wrong about it, you could not and did not prove me wrong either. It was a simple matter of the fact that you did not argee with what I said, that does not mean I am wrong, nor does it mean you were right. It means only that you did not agree.
Headlight bulbs? Really, where exactly was I wrong here? I very clearly remeber that the discussion was that I had better success with a specific bulb than another person did. Again, a matter of disagreement, not a matter of me being wrong. But again, this is what you choose to see and believe. I never disputed that other posters claims, I never stated he was wrong.
So, with all of this, one again, I will ask the oh so simple question. Other than in your mind because you have a desire to make everything that I post be wrong, how come in cases such as above, and in many other posts that I know for fact you read, you have not proven me wrong?

beekeep
<big snip>

Because the Idiot uncrossed his legs and let the crotch cannibal lift his head. Oh, it is also a troll.
Fear not, he will disappear as soon as he determines he won't be fed his usual diet of dick

wow, sheryl is back? i go away for a couple ofweeks and it returns.
i would think larry, that you should actually be proud of yourself. you have obviously done something to really hurt its fragile ego, or that of its boyfriend snotroll. in other words, you must have done something right to be able to gather so much time and attention from it.
On Aug 27, 9:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@whatever.net wrote:

LOL

I guess you are right guy, I must be lucky.

What? are you eluding to a connection there?
--
Chris

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:41:45 +0000, Chris Thompson

actually all i said was that i went away on vacation and while i was gone away, it looked to me like sheryl had returned to the ng to post again.
i wasn't "eluding" anything, nor for that matter was i alluding to anything.
instead chris, i was just saying.

hehe i had to try the jab.
--
Chris

A "jab" is what sheryl is hunting for again. Maybe Snoball realized she was a waste of time and kicker her ass to the curb?