radiator questions

I just bought a 1975 dodge power wagon from my parents. I have not yet recieved the truck due to it not having a radiator and being so far away, half of the us. It has a rebuilt 350 in it, that is all my
parents have been able to tell me they don't know much about it other than that. Is this enough information to determine what kind of radiator to place in it, I am just starting to build and am learning as I go. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry one other question... When looking for parts what is the truck classified as.... B200, D200, or W200

B's are vans, D's are two wheel drive trucks and W's are four wheel drive.
In article < snipped-for-privacy@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.co m>,

B200 = 3/4 ton van D200 = 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive pick up W200 = 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive pick up
360...not 350.
Laszlo Almasi
oops... I retarded... its a 318.... not a 350 or a 360... sorry...
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:02:56 -0800, j1obscure wrote:

alright to answer your questions to the best of my ability,
you have a year and model 75 power wagon
you need to know if 4wd or 2wd most likely (although i see no real reason for a differance in that year truck as far as the radiator)
and you need to know if its an automatic or standard shift (the automatic trans radiator will have a transmission cooler in it)
along with engine size, you need to make sure your other post about it being a 318 is right...should be, the 318 is a common truck motor as is the 360. hopefully no one has put the chevrolet 350 (mentioned in the post i replied to) in that truck, it will just complicate things if they have.
that should be all you need to know about the truck to order the radiator. any GOOD parts house should be able to handle this request, you may also want to put the upper and lower hose on while you are there along with new clamps. couldnt hurt.
--
Chris

Sorry it is a 318 as stated in my latest of posts... it is also a 4wd I am hoping that it is a W200 now, still not too sure... It has a wood bed, and flared rear fenders.... checking pictures people have posted though I can not find any W200's matching mine. Soon when I am granted leave I hope to go to Nebr. and put a new radiator in it and drive it to my duty station in Cali.
Thanks for the help Jeremiah
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:07:50 -0800, j1obscure wrote:

if its 4wd and it has the 200 badgeing then its a w200
remember from aarcuda's post that w stands for 4wd truck
--
Chris

Thats the thing... the only badging it has is power wagon on the hood... I have only seen it a few times... never been alowed near it too much it was my mothers baby... I finally talked her into selling it...
http://www.firenews.org/mass/DEMPatrol4-2old.jpg if you go here... that is what it looks like minus the fire equipment and the pic is only of a 4x2, mine is a 4x4.

If it has flared fenders it is a utiline and is likely a 1/2 ton which would make it a W100. If you have the VIN, post it and I can decipher what it is.
Mike

Five lug nuts is a W100. Eight lugs is a W200
Denny
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:50:49 -0500, Denny wrote:

some more of that practical engineering eh?
--
Chris

Whatever it takes to get the job done. I'm sure ole Meryle would want a committee to study it for awile tho.... <G>
Denny

Denny:

Nothing to be engineered. Even you can manage this one. You won't even have to take your shoes off.

Good point!
Mike

Mike Simmons wrote:

The photo shows it has a full-floating rear axle. It's a 3/4 ton (W200) model.
When I had issues with a boiling-over radiator in my '77 D200, I learned from Performance radiator (http://www.performanceradiator.com /) that it should have had a 3-row radiator in it (someone prior to me owning it had apparently swapped in a 2-row radiator). Performance radiator had a 4-row unit available, and it while it wasn't cheap, it was within budget. Once I had the new unit swapped in and started the engine (it was stone cold) with the radiator cap off, I noticed the coolant was rushing thru it but shouldn't have been, if the thermostat was there and working properly. In fact, there was NO thermostat!
The OP should go with as much radiator he you can fit, with a NEW cap and thermostat, and he'll be fine. While he's in there, it'd be a darned good idea to take a close look at the fan drive and water pump to be sure they're in good shape. Either of those items letting go will ruin your day (along with the new & expensive radiator).
Bryan
j1obscure wrote:

shoulda shown this pic
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214759