Re: Yo

That's ok Tom.. I am still alive and kicking, much to the dislike of some, but scew him.
Nope the lil' bow tie is still going strong. just about 218k on it now, same trany with no work other then basic service, got the t-case leak resolved, no engine with either.
Not my daily vehicle anymore as it is the O/L's since I ride my new motorcycle all the time.
How have you been???
azwiley1 wrote:

Okay, thanx!!! Hey, remember when that guy specifically asked what's the correct oil for his 2001 Ram, so you told him that you use Royal Purple in your bike? Oh man, that had to be the dumbest reply I've *ever* seen here. What an idiot.

I don't know about that. Those K&N threads weren't the most intelligent.
Denny

Like the torque wrench debate was any better
punkin:

Too many of them. Some were very good, but the topic got worn out.

Some were, when goofs like you weren't dispensing advice. And it was wasted effort answering Miles when he asked.
Hey, like you said, punkin, you ain't staying.
Torn Lawence wrote:

While I'd like to take credit I'm not the one who started the original Torque wrench debate years ago. I jokingly mentioned it awhile ago to bring back old memories! lol
miles wrote:

As I found out. Yes, many of the group's old contributors have devolved into clowns. Not necessarily a bad thing. And there may be lurkers who weren't reading original debates years ago, so efforts aren't always wasted.
Torn Lawence wrote:

Lots of good guys here still contribute and still joke around. All good stuff.

Speaking for myself and maybe a couple of other past members that worked at dealerships.... It got a bit old being told we were theives working at "stealerships". I've got as thick of skin as anybody else but I just quit answering questions...fuck em.
But I'll get into any off topic threads if given a chance..
Denny

Speaking for myself and maybe a couple of other past members that worked at dealerships.... It got a bit old being told we were theives working at "stealerships". I've got as thick of skin as anybody else but I just quit answering questions...fuck em.
But I'll get into any off topic threads if given a chance..
Denny
I don't know about thickness but there sure is one hell of a lot of it!
Roy

I sure fell into that one. Didn't see it coming at all.... <BG>
The fishing doing any better yet??
Denny
Denny wrote:

I think dealerships and sales people owe it to themselves for the publics attitude towards many (not all) of them. Years ago I went through car salesmen training. They taught to not give a dang about the people, their financial status etc. Just make them believe they want that car bad and will pay anything to get it even if they can't really afford it. Bottom line of teaching, do not care about them as a person. I realize not all dealerships are like them but enough are to warrant the 'stealership' branding. The last several Dodges I've bought the dealers all tried to sneak extra services and fees onto the contract without mention. I'm one to read so always caught their 'accidental typos'. I love my current dealer but not the sales staff. Their service is 1st class and service sells cars, not sales staff at least in my case.

Well, we have to all admit that some dealerships are less that 'spotless' when it comes to business ethics. Other dealerships are outstanding. My current Chrysler dealership beats all the local independent suppliers of parts (price wise, and almost always has 'em in stock) and has never given me a minute's grief of any sort. In fact they provide free entertainment at the service counter when things get delayed at parts! <g>
My 'old' (now closed by Chrysler, yea!) dealer could be depended to try to screw a customer whatever way they could! It showed, they went from a five star dealership to a zero star dealership to a non-dealership when a new partner from a state far west of here came onboard.
Well, there's a good chance (I hope!) that my current dealer will be around for a while longer!
== Side point, I went to pick up a new car (got the 'boss' a Saab Turbo softtop) and the guy drafted into takeing me to pick it up had a 'new' Dodge (small) pickup truck. I was impressed, seems nice inside (5 K miles, and dirty as hell, but he works for a living!) and he likes it. I guess he got a killer deal on it!

Not going to argue that for a minute but that statement covers all businesses in general. The good ones stay around and the crooked ones come and go.
Denny

Agreed, but I've seen some bad ones stick around for a surprisingly long time!

If they were that bad, people would quit doing business there. Any business cannot survive very long with no customers.
Denny
Denny wrote:

My truck goes around 4388 per square inch of gas. Not 4388 of anything, just 4388. A square inch of gas is two dimensional, it has no depth. So no volume.
(16 mile) / (1 gallon gas) = (1013760 inch) / (231 cu. inch gas) = (1013760) / (231 sq. inch gas) = 4388.57 / sq. inch gas