RWAL Brake Bleed Question

I replaced the booster unit and am bleeding out the system, but have never done a truck with RWAL before (97 Dakota). When I got to the left rear, an ounce or two of fluid came out (using a
Mityvac vac pump...not pedal pushing)...then nothing. According to the shop manual, the little ball bleed valve on the end of the RWAL valve do not need to be open when using a vacuum method. So what's the problem? Do I need to bleed the combo valve and the RWAL valve, and if so, can that be done with a mityvac? (don't have someone around to pump the brake pedal.) I did not bench bleed the master cylinder before putting back onto the new booster. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Guys!
Gary

You're going to have to get someone - either that, or rest something heavy on the brake pedal. The only way to bleed the combo and RWAL valves is to crack open the line fittings.
My auto parts store has a "one man brake bleeder kit". Has a screw cap thing that looks like a kid's sippy cup. Holds about six ounces. After some fluid fills the cup, when you let off the pedal it draws fluid back in, not air.
Before that, I'd push the pedal down and jam a snow brush between the pedal and the front seat.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.