Need help with 92 cummins

I have a 92 dodge w350 im looking for a tech manual for the cummins I need to remove the injection pump to have it rebuilt can anyone tell me where I can get one?

Reply to
92 cummins

If you are mechanically inclined, you really don't need a manual for the injection pump on that year. I have R&R the inj pump on my 89 and it was no big deal. The important thing is to turn the engine over by hand(you can get the turning tool from Cummins or TDR) amd then lock it in place with the index plug down on the left side just below the pump. After that, it is pretty simple, mark all your lines, take some pictures for back up. Disconnect everything and slip it out. Mark the position of the pump drive gear for timing. The biggest thing here is it is time consuming, but not rocket science. Don't forget to pull the plug back after reinstalling the pump, don't forget to pull the plug back , don't forget to pull the plug back. Also, if necessary, you can probably find this infor on TDR or dodgeram.org. JMTCW DON'T FORGET TO PULL THE PLUG BACK !!!!!

Reply to
Joseph Myers

Here is a link to some good info:

Joseph Myers