explaining
is
that
understand
that
of
it
"Badger" wrote:

It is not really reconfigured either. HP is a measurement of work done. (33,000 ftlbs or work a minute equals one HP) so when you regear aor step down the RPM you are not really converting anyting because the same total HP is still availble minus any power loss in gear box. 200 Ftlbs or torque at 4500RPM will do jsut as much work (HP availible) as 600FTlbs of torque at 1500RPM (HP = torque x RPM / 5252)

sorry
Sorry Max, but you are the true master od semantics. In order for the converter to even get it's name, it has to convert or produce something. That is one error for you. The transmission also both transmitts but also converts and changes which also has it producing something, that's two wrong for you.

And converting is just another way of producing something. Thanks for agreeing with me.

forth
than
LOL, neither can an engine or anything else for that matter or you would have perpetual motion. While it can't put out more than it gets in, it can use one thing to produce something else and in this case, it consumes RPM to produce more torque.

grenade
As
IOW, you realise that you were wrong and are now trying to spin it into some silly contest. The problem is that I am way in the lead with Gary's constant name calling toward me like even in the header of this thread.

"Consumes" rpm? Geez... never heard of that one before.... for the record, RPM is merely a measurement of velocity, RPM's have zero energy.
Methinks you need to hit the library for some serious research.
Mike

which
transmits,
also
or
RPM
record,
LOL, actually, it is a measurement of angular velocity and anything that has a velocity contains energy which can be consumed or used to produce something else. RPM's are just a unit of measure. You can jump on the semantics if you want but it really doesn't do much for your credibility.

Ditto

I will compare my credentials with yours any day of the week.
Mike

T-Bone, I understand you love these endless pissing matches and that's why I don't usually reply to your posts, but you're heading down a really dark path if you try to compare your credibility in this newsgroup to Mikes. Don't go there..
Denny

In all honesty, I don't like them as much as I used to but old habits die hard.

It really has nothing to do comparing my credibility to Mikes or anyone else's. I have a lot of respect for Mike and he does have one of the lowest noise levels in the group but if he comes after me with a silly semantics attack about the definition of RPM's then I will respond. Respect or not, he is not God and I have enough to deal with the two real crybabies.

My reply was not a silly semantics attack. Nor was I "coming after" you. I was merely pointing out your flawed statement, which I quote:
While it can't put out more than it gets in, it

RPM
Now there are two possibilities here; either you believe your above statement to be true in which case your fundamental understanding of fluid dynamics and conservation of energy is flawed.... or.... if you acknowledge that your previous statement is incorrect (which it is!) then you must certainly recognize that your ability to communicate your thoughts and understanding of the processes involved leave something to be desired.
I'll leave you to decide which is which whilst I attend to more important things like rearranging my sock drawer.
Mike

Denny wrote:

Good point, I wouldn't go there either. Shade Tree, good for laughs and blabber listening. Max, like you he just wants to argue. Tom L, don't know about him anymore.
Jerry

No Jerry, I just want to see Tbone twist in the wind. He provides an interesting diversion while I do boring paperwork. It takes very little to get a good laugh at what he tries to say, and what he seems to truly believe.
--
Max

I'll bite.. How do you arrange your sock drawer?? By color?? By how thin the heel is?? Sniff test??
Curious minds need to know....
Denny

acknowledge
The fact is that although the wording does have something to be desired, the idea is still valid. The TC and the transmission both have the ability to use the incomming angular velocity (RPM) to produce more output torque and if you don't understand that, then it is you who is lacking in your fundamental understanding of fluid dynamics and conservation of energy.

Gee, and I guess that this is not an insult toward me either, silly me.

Yes it converts, no it does not produce. Said that before.

LOL, now you are lying to cover your lack of knowledge. 50 more points for me.

No, it converts or changes, it does not produce. Again, you are grasping at straws.

Nope, thats wrong.
Try again, and I get more points for making you post more crap.

Was wrong then, still wrong now.

Lying about what? This is getting old.

at
You cant, convert or change without producing something new. You are still wrong and getting becoming boring as well.

Prove it :-)

As I do with you but I have more than enough points now.

But earlier you said it was 1.5%, which is .015.

You have heard of the expression involving a pot, a kettle, and a very dark color, right?

Yea, I said that like once, maybe twice and was wrong. After that I moved to a valid point about using percentages as a method of fuzzy math which is accurate to prove a point.

dark
LOL, not really. In order to prove my point, I had to continue. Now according to Gary, he would only post when I had something of value to say and I made this a devoid of value as possible and not only did he keep posting, he created new threads about it just like I said he would because he thought he was right and about the percent division, he was. But even with valid questions pending on the trans thread, he abandoned that one and I wonder why.

you want me to do a google search and find out EXACTLY how many times you let your fuck-up go uncorrected ?

is
WTF does this mean ?
other than that you are trying in vain to cover your stupid mistakes ?

and

Sure, and why your at it, start adding up a few of your own.

What it means is that although I did make an error (and unlike you, man enough to admit to it), I let it go to prove a point and you a liar. I changed the discussion from the math error to the same old boring argument about people using percentages to mislead others. Now you said that you stopped posting on the towing thread because I wasn't saying anything of value rather than you knowing that you were wrong so I decided to keep the nonsense going to see if you would stick to your word. Not only did you continue to keep posting even though I really wasn't saying anything of real value on the percentage issue, you actually created whole new threads about it so I guess that value has nothing to do with it. It is more the need to always be right at any cost and hide from even the simplest of errors.

you
which
real
about