transmission problems i think

I have transmission problems.when i take off my truck reves up really high and it goes real slow.I changed the filter and fluid in trans.It drove like a new truck for about 10 miles then it started to do the same thing
all over again.Please help me. It is a 1999 dodge Ram 1500 318 v8 with 90,000 miles
What, if anything, was in the pan?
--
Max

it had like some muddy substance around the magnet but that was all.
"xjackyl" wrote:

That "muddy stuff" was likely clutch materail. You are not going to fix this with a adjustment and to think so is putting off the inevitable.

magnetic clutch material ?
the check engine light was on but i took it in to have the inspection and breaks done and the light was off when i picked it up.I'm not sure what you mean about TV cable adjusted properly? I tried manual shifting but it still no difference.no better when it shifts to second.when it finally gets to drive it will be ok untill i have to climb a hill,then it boggs down

Get someone to scan for any codes - particularly any relating to governor pressure.

The TV (throttle valve) cable is a cable attached to the throttle linkage, and controls the throttle valve on the transmission. It basically increases line pressure in the transmission as more throttle is applied. If it's adjusted too loose, you can get problems like you describe. There should be no slack in the TV cable - it should begin to move as soon as the throttle begins to open.
Have you checked the adjustment on the bands when you did the fluid change?

Does it "rev up really high" in both forward and reverse?
If it does it only in forward gears the rear clutch is slipping.
"xjackyl" wrote:

drove
with
Sounds like the tranny clutch are worn out or there is some bad seals but you are not going to fix it without some tearing into it some of completely. If this ia a 4x4 with oversized tires and stock gears you did good to get the mileage you did out of it.
Maybe the guys that did your "breaks" adjusted them up to tight, causing drag and trans slippage.

maybe it's starting in 2nd or 3rd
common problem with the 'electronic governor' used on these

request
i took my truck to advance auto and had my computer scanned.this is what i gotDTC (codes) P0420 Catalyst efficiency below Threshold (bank 1) Can someone translate this for me!!

http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/generic/p0420-catalyst-efficiency-below-threshold-bank-1.php