Truck Topper / Camper / Shell installation & removal

I've just purchased a new topper, and the more I think about it the less I know about them. The factory is providing double-sided tape and clamps to mount the thing, and I know how to get it on.
What I am less certain of is whether there are alternative methods that would provide for easier installation and removal of the top. I assume that when the time come to pull the top off I will have to cut the tape through it's middle and then clean the sticky sides off of both the truck and the underside of the topper.
My truck is to be Line-X'd soon, and I'm planning on spraying over the rails. I'm hoping there is a product someone knows of that may be similar to weather-stripping that would stick solely to the topper rather than the rails of the truck.
If anyone can give me some tips or tricks for a quick installation and removal of a fiberglass topper, I would appreciate it! Thanks kindly.
My suggestion would be to turn the topper upside down on a blanket in the yard and put single sided foam tape (*from an auto parts store) on the topper. Then when you take it off the truck, the Liner won't have ugly tape all around it.
The double sided tape can be saved for some other project you'll never be taking apart again.
--
Budd Cochran

Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23,
SteveAtFerris wrote:

I've never used double sided tape, just single sided padded tape. Be careful around the stake pockets in the bed. If the cap seal doesn't completely cover the stake pocket holes you will get a water leak there. Some clear packaging tape cut neatly and placed over the stake holes will seal them and doesn't look bad. The lift door on the cap will likely rub the paint off your tailgate where the rubber seal makes contact. You can get an inexpensive tailgate guard that will prevent that or get the Line-X applied low enough on the tailgate to protect it. Make sure you have clearance between the cap and the cab or the cap will hit the back of the cab when the truck frame flexes.
--
Ken