turns over but won't start

To start with I have worked on cars for 40plus years. With that being said, I installed a water pump on my 1996 Dodge ram 4 wheel, withair. 5.9 cu. in.
After I installed water pump, got everything together the truck turned over but refuses to start. I might add I removed the fan and installed electric fans, but they are wired directly to battery so should have no bearing on the no start problem.It has myself and my friends baffled.
Are you sure that when you put everything back together, you didnt forget to put the COIL wire back on