Window Deflectors for 2006 Quad Cab Dakota

Page 1 of 2
I just bought my new truck and I have been searching for "In channel" side window deflectors but have not had luck. Dodge sells the "stick on" or "tapped" kind instead.
Anyone had any luck finding some for your's? I am aware of the back 2 windows being the tape on kind. It is the front two that worry me the most. I don't have any depth perception so I need the side mirrors to not be blocked by the kind that go all the way down the window.
Thank you so much for your help.
Tim a.k.a. "Numan"

Weathertech

Thank you.

Just letting you know that I took your advice and bought the Weathertech from JC Whitney. They worked perfectly! Thank you!
Tim McBride A.K.A. "Numan"
Numan wrote:

WeatherFlectors run all the way down but the Lightly Tinted ones are easy enough to see through. They're still a bit distracting sometimes when coming coming around corners and one eye is looking at the road through plastic and the other eye isn't. They do not block the mirrors.
It looks like, for your Dakota, the rear pieces also fit inside the channel.
http://www.autobarn.net/xxxweatherflector.html

Thank you.

Since I was ordering quite a few other things from JC Whitney I decided to try out the WeatherTech deflectors. They worked perfectly! :-) Thank you for your suggestion. I know there are others out there who are glad to have the information.
--

Tim McBride A.K.A. "Numan"

I have them on both the Ram and Dakota and just bought a set for the Blazer we bought.. hate to drive without them..
http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=4&make_id &year_no 06&veh_id8&veh_opt_choice_idB
sorry.. this is easier: http://tinyurl.com/gl62q Mac

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=4&make_id &year_no 06&veh_id8&veh_opt_choice_idB

Thank you

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?item_group_id=4&make_id &year_no 06&veh_id8&veh_opt_choice_idB

Tried them and they worked perfectly.
Thanks
--

Tim McBride A.K.A. "Numan"

I also don't have depth perception and have no problem with the "stick on's" and the mirror.
Roy

I have found that not having depth perception only really affects day to day things about once every other day. Now, the problem with the new truck is that I have a one car garage and won't even attempt to pull the truck into it. I may be able to get it in but would certainly play heck getting it back out. :-)

Oh come on! Be adventurous. :-)
I have a two car, two door garage. When I first purchased my house, I was concerned that my truck wouldn't fit into the garage from height, depth and width perspective. The result is that it does fit but I have to:
1) Width: Fold the side mirrors in. I have about 6 inches total width (3 inches on each side if I stab it directly center) of wiggle room when pulling in.
2) Height: My satellite radio antenae pod sits on top of the cab. I am just able to squeeze under the top of the door opening with 3/4" to spare.
3) Length: I have exactly 2 inches total of extra room. So, if I leave my hitch on, I can't close the garage door.
I only pull it into the garage when 1) the weather is getting bad or 2) when I know I won't be driving it for a few days.
Your truck may fit. Problem is, if you truly have a one car garage, the only way out is the sliding rear window. :-)
Craig C.
--
If pro and con are opposite, what is the opposite of progress?

Okay, how about you spend the day driveing with your left eye shut. I think you might get a new understanding of adventurous.<BFG>
Roy
Roy wrote:

Ah hah! That must be what my lady is asking for when she asks me for "ole one eye".
<MLFG>
Craig C.
--
If pro and con are opposite, what is the opposite of progress?

She must not know Roy, then... roflmao Mac

Bro, ya got me! <roflmfao>
Roy

lol this sounds like my garage

not me i park in there when the weilder isnt in the way (currently working on a project)

uh theres the side windows although its a bit of a drop for my short ass

--
-Chris

I just bought a cover for it for the winter (snow and ice). But if hail is in the forecast I probably will attempt it. I will probably have to have someone else pull it back out though. The garage is off-set just slightly so it makes the situation even worse for pulling back out. I have already backed back into the gate that is between the detached garage and house with my old car. I can just see me backing straight back into the corner of the house! Holy crap. LOL
Numan

No, no, your using the brail method. <G> Go to a parking lot(a m/t one) and try to get familiar with the truck. Park it between the lines, back it between the lines. You gotta learn where the heck the corners are. Have somebody guide you, while you use your mirrors, stopping you just before you make contact. Do you have the small dime mirrors stuck on your factory mirrors? They should help.
Roy