Window Deflectors for 2006 Quad Cab Dakota

I just bought my new truck and I have been searching for "In channel" side window deflectors but have not had luck. Dodge sells the "stick on" or "tapped" kind instead.

Anyone had any luck finding some for your's? I am aware of the back 2 windows being the tape on kind. It is the front two that worry me the most. I don't have any depth perception so I need the side mirrors to not be blocked by the kind that go all the way down the window.

Thank you so much for your help.

Tim a.k.a. "Numan"

Reply to
Numan

Weathertech

Reply to
Joseph Myers

WeatherFlectors run all the way down but the Lightly Tinted ones are easy enough to see through. They're still a bit distracting sometimes when coming coming around corners and one eye is looking at the road through plastic and the other eye isn't. They do not block the mirrors.

It looks like, for your Dakota, the rear pieces also fit inside the channel.

Sparkle

I have them on both the Ram and Dakota and just bought a set for the Blazer we bought.. hate to drive without them..

sorry.. this is easier:

mac davis

I also don't have depth perception and have no problem with the "stick on's" and the mirror.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Thank you.

Reply to
Numan

Thank you.

Reply to
Numan

Thank you

Reply to
Numan

I have found that not having depth perception only really affects day to day things about once every other day. Now, the problem with the new truck is that I have a one car garage and won't even attempt to pull the truck into it. I may be able to get it in but would certainly play heck getting it back out. :-)

Reply to
Numan

Oh come on! Be adventurous. :-)

I have a two car, two door garage. When I first purchased my house, I was concerned that my truck wouldn't fit into the garage from height, depth and width perspective. The result is that it does fit but I have to:

1) Width: Fold the side mirrors in. I have about 6 inches total width (3 inches on each side if I stab it directly center) of wiggle room when pulling in. 2) Height: My satellite radio antenae pod sits on top of the cab. I am just able to squeeze under the top of the door opening with 3/4" to spare. 3) Length: I have exactly 2 inches total of extra room. So, if I leave my hitch on, I can't close the garage door.

I only pull it into the garage when 1) the weather is getting bad or 2) when I know I won't be driving it for a few days.

Your truck may fit. Problem is, if you truly have a one car garage, the only way out is the sliding rear window. :-)

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I find that it is just something else you learn to compensate for.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Okay, how about you spend the day driveing with your left eye shut. I think you might get a new understanding of adventurous.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Ah hah! That must be what my lady is asking for when she asks me for "ole one eye".

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

lol this sounds like my garage

not me i park in there when the weilder isnt in the way (currently working on a project)

uh theres the side windows although its a bit of a drop for my short ass

Reply to
Chris Thompson

She must not know Roy, then... roflmao Mac

mac davis

I remember back in the bike days.. rode a lot with a friend that had lost an eye and he was fine until he came up on a tight turn at speed... He said it just made riding a bit more exciting.. had problems seeing the "line" and timing braking/accelerating through the turn..

Mac

mac davis

Bro, ya got me!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I just found that you had to adapt to it. I've had no problem at high speed with car's finding the line, AutoX wasn't a problem. Plowing is not a issue. At the range I will be off 1/4 left at 100yds. That is only a adjustment. What took me away from bikes was in my case it is the left eye, so to change lanes or entering from the right caused you to turn a bit to the left to catch the mirror. Too many times I'd look to the left then back ahead and be in the shit or damn close to it. Then a rock was tossed up and cracked the right lens of the poly carb glasses, that was it. I love my german sheperd's, but not on a harness.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

I just bought a cover for it for the winter (snow and ice). But if hail is in the forecast I probably will attempt it. I will probably have to have someone else pull it back out though. The garage is off-set just slightly so it makes the situation even worse for pulling back out. I have already backed back into the gate that is between the detached garage and house with my old car. I can just see me backing straight back into the corner of the house! Holy crap. LOL

Numan

Reply to
Numan

No, no, your using the brail method. Go to a parking lot(a m/t one) and try to get familiar with the truck. Park it between the lines, back it between the lines. You gotta learn where the heck the corners are. Have somebody guide you, while you use your mirrors, stopping you just before you make contact. Do you have the small dime mirrors stuck on your factory mirrors? They should help.

Roy

Reply to
Roy