2002 Dakota Quad Cab

Hi guys, hoping someone can help me. I recently developed a rubbing noise in my truck while turning. it occurs in forward and reverse but not every time I turn. If I press the break while turning it does not seem to have an effect on the rubbing noise. Can anyone give me an idea what this might be? The noise does not seem to be tremendously loud and if the radio is on I can hardly hear it. Again, thanks for any help you can give me.

Joe

Reply to
ZZYZXXXX

I know this is going to sound stupid, but did you check to see if one of the plastic fender liners came loose?

Reply to
.boB

Do you hear it only when the steering wheel is being turned, or when the steering wheel is held stationary during a turn?

Reply to
Nosey

I have same truck and maybe the same noise, best I can approx in text is:

err err err. hear it more since changing to a slider window in rear,

not sure if its a loose body mount or what. Nothing visibly loose outside

or under. truck has only 38,000 kms, but not really babied.

Ron in BC

Reply to
Ron

Brake caliper making pad rub a little??

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

My noise occurs if I am turning the wheel or not after a certain amount, like maybe halfway between straight ahead and having the wheel right left. Ron in BC, yes my noise sounds just like that. It does not seem to be constant just on and off. I was making a trun today, real slow and I could feel a very slight vibration when the noise occured. If windows are closed, I would never even hear it.

Reply to
Joseph Arseneau

Are you sure the front wheel bearings are not going. There are under more side stress when the wheels are turning. SCOTT

Reply to
Scott S.