2006 or 2005 dakota club cab

Greetings;

How long is the bed in the 05 / 06 dakota club cab? In particular, I need to know if I can put sheets of plywood and sheetrock (4' x 8') in it comfortably.

Thanks in advance.

Henk

Reply to
news-server.twcny.rr.com

You can put it in but it will hang over the tailgate and not be flat on the truck bed. Or, you can put the tail gate down and it will hang out. Works OK for me.

JEB

2005 Dakota Club Cab
Reply to
JEB

Model / Drive SLT / 4x2, ST / 4x2, Laramie / 4x2

Cargo Area (Bed) [ft3] - Width (Wheelwell to Wheelwell) [in] 45.2

Cargo Area (Bed) [ft3] - Length [in] 78.8

that was coppied off the dodge website.

a sheet of ply is 48" by 96" (4'x8')

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

I have an '02 Dakota Quad Cab. The manual says that if you lay 2x4s into the bed liner slots then it'll haul 4'x8' sheets flat. I've never done that, but it comfortably holds 4x8 sheets by leaning them up on the closed tailgate. Too much weight would damage the tailgate, of course.

Not exactly a work truck, but the first day I had mine, it hauled a 4x8 sheet of plywood, a keg of beer, and five people on leather seats. That, plus it'll beat a Mustang in a drag race and fits in my garage. Not many other vehicles can do all that.

-rev

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light