Puntos - 2004 models

I bought the 2004 model last December, and it really is the worst car I have ever seen.

Faults in the first two weeks of buying it:

  1. Bonnet doesn't open
  2. No rear boot light, but loose wire hanging down
  3. Suspension squeaks and rattles
  4. Indicators that have to be held in position when indicating to prevent them cancelling themselves
  5. Interior light that decides it may randomly come on when it wants to

Ongoing faults:

  1. Squeaky suspension
  2. Bonnet
  3. Light in boot
  4. Indicators

Latest Fault:

Driving down the road and I see that there is a piece of plastic in the road that looks familiar, find out it is the piece of platic with the reflector that sits in the rear bumper.

Has anyone else had issues with new Puntos?

I sold my 106 that had 80K miles on it (2001 new) for that thing and I have regretted it ever since.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

did you buy it from a main dealer?

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

Yes - PDH Garages in Hassocks ==> Ex Peugeot dealer "we changed because the quality of Fiats are better"

I am not saying any more...

Reply to
Mike

Mike stelde dit idee voor :

You alway's have exceptions.... I don't know if you know the word, but in Dutch we would say a "monday morning car" i guess you understand where that comes from....

Reply to
Draak

Yes I do, and I will say this now...

"I want my Peugeot 106 back!!!"

One more problem it had - the horn never worked ==> replaced the whole horn

Reply to
Mike

Right, where do you want me to start? I'm on my second Punto Active Sport, since last September........

Punto No 1: Collected middle of September.

Within First 24hrs: Engine Management Light comes on, Fault found - Loose sensor connection between "City" button and Speedo.

A month later a whining noise developed from engine when started cold, when the car was taken in the mechanics were more interested in the knocking noise the car was making. Fault of that - Cracked Cylinder Head, resulting in needing a new engine. Car was off road for 5 weeks as Fiat couldnt supply a new engine, when one arrived it was the wrong one. So a replacement car was arranged.

I only completed 800 miles in it......

Reply to
Peter Davies

Is yours the Active Sport 8v?

I want my bootlight!!!

Reply to
Mike

Yes it is, must be a problematic model.....

Well your not having mine! :-)

-Pete

Reply to
Peter Davies

just checking it was not the dealer i work for :P

Reply to
undergraduate-car-mechanic

im not sure if that model is suposed too have a boot light, when i do a pdi on a punto without one if its got a wire in the hole i get one fitted regardless. as for indicator cancelling, most people complain they dont cancel.

at least its not a stilo