Early-model 2004 S40 Eats Headlamps

My early 2004 model S40 eats a headlamp every 3000 miles. From what I understand there was a TSB for earlier model years dealing with this problem. Is there a cure? This is rediculous! Many thanks, Greg

Reply to
Super Star

Super Star yazmýþ:

I own a 2000 S40 and having no problems with headlamps. I have replaced previous osram bulbs with philips xtreme power bulbs just for having more powerful light output. Previous bulbs were ok during replacement. And still they are.

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

I was burning headlights too fast on my 200 S40. Headlight burnout has lessened in the last couple of years to what I think is normal (considering that the low beams serve as daytime running lights). I haven't asked, but I think the dealer did something while the car was in for regular service.

Reply to
Marvin

I think DRL is the answer. In my country S40's (-04) doesn't have DRL fitted by factory.

Marv>> Super Star yazm?s,:

Reply to
Hakan Gemici

Reply to